“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Friday, February 22, 2013

tiramisu con il panettone

FINALLY....I found a reason to use one of the many left over Christmas sentiments...panettone. As mentioned in one of my previous posts it seems customary to arrive at a hosts house during the Christmas season with a panettone in hand. My house became almost comical with the amount I started collecting and stacking in my dining room (I can not believe I never took a photo). Any-way after the Christmas period I decided to retire the many boxes of panettone to a nearby closest and since then they have been forgotten about.
They had been forgotten about until just the other night, when I had to think of a economical menu to feed fourteen hungry Italian mouths at a dinner party I was hosting. The dinner party was in honour of one of my best friends birthdays, Serena! Any-way, after a little research and some thinking a little bulb finally went off...."AHHHH PANETTONE". My friends particularly like my tiramisu, and this recipe is similar however replaces the savoiardi biscuits with panettone. This recipe is fairly easy to make, it is perfect for making a day in advance, it serves many and is pretty economical- many positive ticks!!! To top it all off, it tastes pretty good too. In fact, after a continuous stream of multiple courses at my house some guests went for sweet seconds...mamma mia!
What you need:
One panettone
400g mascarpone (roughly)
five eggs
five tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup espresso coffee (roughly)
1/2 cup of marsala liquor (roughly)
cacao powder for dusting
how to make:
1: Separate the egg whites from the yolks. In a clean ceramic bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, set aside
2: In a separate bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until combined, whisk in the mascarpone
3: Using a metal spoon gently fold in the eggs whites to the mascarpone mix
4: Slice the panettone into roughly 2cm slices. In a large bowl place a single layer of panettone
5: Combine the espresso coffee and Marsala together in a bowl, use a brush to wet the panettone 
6: Add a generous layer of the cream mix, covering the panettone
7: Repeat a layer of panettone, coffee mix, then cream mix a further two times
8: Top with cocoa powder, cover well and place in the fridge over night (this will ensure all the flavour meld)
#buonadomenica #viareggio #cibo #italia #italy #tourism #turista #versilia #toscana #tuscany #kara #bellavita #tirasmisu #dolce #desert #panettone #christmasfood #easyfood #gelosa

No comments:

Post a Comment