“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nutella in Casa (Make nutella at home)

Ok Ok, so this is not as smooth in consistency as the store purchased Nutella.  But, it is not as commercially produced.  I am not only happy with this fact, but also with the result of my homemade Nutella- lumps and all (I like the nutty texture)! 
Nutella is an Italian phenomenon, you can find it everywhere. My favourite way to eat it is melted and spread on freshly made thin crepes.  I also like eating it by the spoonful straight from the jar (a guilty sin).
You will be surprised at how easy it is to make at home.  Just a few simple steps and voila. I also like knowing the ingredients added to my food.  In this case I used only high quality organic ingredients.  Sure, Nutella is not low in calories but at least it is a little healthier when you make it yourself?  Great idea for a delicious gift!
What you need: (will make 2 x 400g jars)
150 grams skinned and toasted hazelnuts
200 grams of dark chocolate (I used dark organic Macro cooking chocolate)
100 grams of butter
150 grams of sugar
200 mls of milk at room temperature
1: Place the hazelnuts single layer on baking paper in a pre-heated 150 degree oven for 7 minuets.  Once heated remove from the oven and place between a tea-towel. Briskly rub back and forth to remove the hazelnut skins. You can be quite rough.
2: Put the sugar and peeled hazelnuts in a blender and blend to reduce everything to dust. Combine the chocolate and whisk for a few more seconds.
3: Pour this mixture into a pot, adding butter and milk. Stir for about 5 minutes being careful not to boil.  All of the ingredients will melt together.
4: Pour the hot Nutella in sterilized glass jars, add lid and let cool. This should preferably be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within a week.
#nutella #recipe #nuts #hazelnuts #noci 

No comments:

Post a Comment