“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Buona Domenica (Good Sunday)

Buona Domenica!  After many months of travelling, cooking and secretly writing down my recipes I have finally found the courage to share with you my blog!  Although in my opinion there is still so much more that I want to share with you, the people closest to me encouraged me to "bite the bullet" and "go live".  So, this morning as I was lying in bed I thought "today is going to be the day".  For today is Sunday and as we say in Italy "Buona Domenica" (good Sunday).  A day that I love most. I also found it fitting that today was a day that I was cooking for eight people.  It was quite humorous to me that today I also refereed to my own blog for a recipe.  Today I made lunch (pranzo) using recipes that I have listed on my blog, including homemade bread with olivata, homemade pasta with Sicilian sauce, and a chocolate and pear cake.  

A perfect lunch, a perfect Sunday, a perfect day to launch my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment