“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Frittata di spinaci e ricotta



I thought I would quickly share this recipe with you, as I was impressed with this colourful little number. In fact, it will probably take me longer to upload this recipe, than it takes to make to the frittata. That is how simple it is.
Today, I had quite a few eggs remaining and had also been asked to make something light, so a frittata came to mind.
Obviously you can add whatever ingredients take your fancy, also depending on what is available in season. I am a lover of ricotta, and will add spinach to anything for a superfood hit. The roast tomatoes not only add colour but add sweet flavour, and I found these gorgeous zucchini flowers at the market, which always add a wow factor (now I am already thinking that the next frittata will include zucchini flowers, ricotta and anchovies.....hmmmm yum)!!!
What you will need:
one large onion
300g ripe cherry tomatoes 
100g fresh spinach leaves
150g fresh ricotta (I used sheep`s ricotta)
handful of fresh basil leaves
three zucchini flowers 
six eggs
olive oil
salt and pepper 


how to make:
1: in a medium size pan add finely diced onion, salt and olive oil: fry until light and translucent. add tomatoes and cook until they become soft. add spinach to the pan and cook until  wilted 
2: transfer vegetable mix to a ceramic dish lined with baking paper. tear basil leaves, add zucchini flowers, and top with the ricotta 
3: in a separate bowl lightly beat eggs, season with salt and pepper. pour gently over vegetables
4: place in a pre heated 180 degree oven and cook for roughly 25 minutes or until cooked 

#frittata #ricotta #eggs #recipe #spinach #tomatoes #basil 

No comments:

Post a Comment