“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Capodanno/ New year`s Eve

 "Natale con i tuoi, capodanno con chi vuoi"

"Christmas with your family, New Years Eve with whoever you want"!
Yesturday, today and tonight and probably tomorrow we will be eating lentils in various ways. In Italy it is an ancient tradition to eat lentils at this time of years to bring prosperity. As a lentil is a symbol of a coin. The more lentils you eat the more coins you will have in the new year!
So in two shakes of a lambs tail we are heading off to rein in the New Year in Siena, with a quick lunch stop in bella Firenze!
Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year, Buon Anno a tutti!!
Kara xxx

the perfect gift for our hosts, prosecco and lentils!
the main piazza in Siena

No comments:

Post a Comment