“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Liquore al mandarino- mandarine liquor


There is that old saying "when life throws you lemons, make limoncello". Well life has been throwing me plenty of lemons lately, probably enough to make a whole life time supply of limoncello. However, my very kind friend recently gifted me with a very large amount of these beautiful mandarin's (a friend that obviously understands my appreciation for produce). Every winter in Italy I am always pleased to see these shiny, colourful, orange balls highlighting the grime winter streets with their dark green waxy leaves. I love the perfume they expel as you walk past as they are displayed in ample abundance. This is a very easy recipe to make, a great way to preserve excess and a great idea for Christmas stockings! It's wonderful to enjoy the fruits of your labour throughout the year. Serve over ice after dinner as a digestive.
What you need (this makes about two litres):
About twenty mandarin skins
one litre of 90% alcohol 
one litre of water
600 grams of sugar
How to make:
1: Add the sugar and water to a large pan and bring to the boil, once the liquid boils reduce to a simmer for ten minuets. Take off the heat and allow the liquid to cool
2: Add the alcohol to the mix (I used vodka)
3: Place the mandarin skins in sterilised bottles, then pour in the alcohol mix. Seal
4: Place in a dark place for roughly a month
5: Once ready, strain the liquid into desired bottles. Keep in the fridge ready to serve 
#liquor #mandarin #mandarino #liquore #drink #vodka #buonadomenica #italy #italia #alcohol #sugar #homemade #fattoacasa

No comments:

Post a Comment