“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Penne con pomodori fresco- Pasta with fresh tomatoes

I feel almost embarrassed to write this recipe as it is so easy, and to me common practice. However as I am a true believer in that good things don't need to be complicated, I thought I would share with you. This was actually whipped up for my housemates packed lunch as there was left over pasta from dinner. Any-way a few good quality key ingredients here and you will have a mouth watering bowl of delicious pasta. Red, juicy, ripe tomatoes are essential. 
What you need:
6-8 small juicy tomatoes (or use whatever quality tomatoes you can find- not from the supermarket)
one smashed garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon dried red chillies (mine are from Calabria...HOT HOT HOT)
a pinch of dried oregano
a pinch of salt
250g penne pasta
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
How to make:
1: Bring a large pot of water to the boil, then add a handful of salt and the pasta. Follow the direction on the packet of pasta- it should be ready within 10-12 minuets 
2: In a frying pan add the oil, smashed garlic and chillies- lightly saute
3: Chop the tomatoes roughly in half and add to the pan, salt and add the oregano to the tomatoes. Lightly cook until the tomatoes become morbid and the juices run into the oil. The pasta and the sauce should be ready at the same time
4: Drain the pasta and add to the saucepan with the tomatoes and toss thoroughly 
5: Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, oh and pieces of crusty bread to soak up the tasty juices 
#buonadomenica #viareggio #cibo #italia #italy #tourism #turista #versilia #toscana #tuscany #kara #bellavita #pasta #tomato #pomodori #easyfood #facile

No comments:

Post a Comment