“A tavola non si invecchia”. - Italian proverb (At the table with good friends and family you do not become old).

Sharing authentic Italian recipes entrusted upon me through the privilege of being invited into many Italian homes and kitchen’s abroad. I travel, cook, eat, share, learn and photograph my experiences, a truly soul enriching journey. There are now over 100 recipes on this blog to search from. I am a Melbourne born girl who now resides in Pietrasanta, Italy. Sharing my love for food and all things Italian with you. I am not a professionally trained chef, just a person that really loves cooking and has made my passion my reality! Through talent and drive I now work as a private chef in some of the most prestigious private villa`s here in Tuscany, Italy!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crostini con salsiccia (Crusty bread with sausage meat)


This is one of my favourite snacks that is so simple to make and is soooooooooo tasty!  I first had this delicious snack accompanied with a glass of red wine for "apertivo" in Florence.  Although not so forgiving on the waist line this snack is pure indulgence.  Make sure you buy good quality Italian sausages and not the supermarket variety.  I saw this served in Florence topped with melted provolone cheese however it is most common in Tuscany to be mixed with my favourite cream cheese "stracchino".  Drizzle with a little truffle oil for a heavenly delight.
What you need:
Two good quality homemade Italian sausages
200g stracchino cheese (a creamy, sharp flavoured cheese)
10 slices of crusty bread sliced thinly
Truffle oil for drizzling
How to make:
1: Remove the skin from the sausages and combine in a bowl with the cream cheese.  
2: Cut the bread slices to be about a centimetre thick and place in the oven for about ten minutes until crisp
3:  Spread the sausage and cheese mixture on top of each slice and place back in the oven for about five minutes
4: Drizzle with a little truffle oil and serve hot
A place in Florence to try this:
Le Volpie e Luva
Piazza de' Rossi 1
50125  Firenze
+39 055 239 8132
http://www.levolpieluva.com/Le_volpi/Home.html

Buon Apetito


No comments:

Post a Comment